10 Social Media Facts That Show Its Value For Your Business
Social media is increasingly important in the modern business world, with brands and customers interacting like never before, and those without social media accounts are missing out on a great opportunity.
If you are one of those people who does not understand the power, reach and importance of social media, read through these 10 facts about social media that will shed some light on its growth and value for South African Businesses.
- Of 3.17 billion Internet users, there are 2.3 billion active social media users.
- In Africa alone, the amount of active social media users grew by an astounding 25% during 2016.
- Around 91% of top retail brands maintain two or more social media channels, such as Facebook and Twitter, in order to connect with customers.
- Research shows that 77% of social media users feel more positive about a brand when their Facebook message/post or tweet has been replied to.
- Facebook is fast approaching the incredible milestone of reaching two billion users, with 14 million active Facebook users recorded in South Africa last year.
- Social networks earned an estimated $8.3 billion from advertising in 2015, showing the importance that brands are putting into reaching their markets on social media.
- In 2015, 38% of businesses spent more than 20% of their total advertising and marketing budgets on social media marketing, and this figure grows each year.
- Facebook adds 500,000 new users every day; which equates to six new profiles every second.
- In a recent Inbound Marketing study, 42% of marketers reported that Facebook was critical or important to their business.
- Facebook sees 8 billion average daily video views from 500 million users.
The increase in use of social media platforms such as Facebook Ads has placed a greater importance on social media for businesses. ITSys Content Services know the importance of reaching out to your clients in any industry, and how to utilise social media to promote your brand without spamming or irritating the user.
Through ITSys Content Services’ Social Media Management Service we offer different packages that allow us to engage with your followers in a professional manner and boost your social presence.
We understand the value of social media content for your brand's digital presence, and we know how to structure your social content in the grander scheme of your digital marketing strategy.